Thursday, June 24, 2010

Top Ten Mistakes Made by Farmer's Market Customers

Awesome post by EcoSalon . I'm guilty of a few of these, but I am learning.

My favorite one is to ask more questions. I've learned a lot by asking about favorite recipes, how different varieties compare and even trying to get to know the people we see week after week.

I would add a few mistakes:
  • Forgetting to buy plants. At the Hollywood Farmers' Market you can buy starters of unsual, local varieties at dirt cheap prices. They are organic to boot!
  • Not spreading the love. I have my regular stalls, but I try to buy all of my stuff in one place. Variety is the spice of life!
  • Assuming everything is organic/pesticide free. If this is important to you, ask about their farming practices, you may be surprised.

What are your ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment